Thursday, July 22, 2010

More Practice

Ive been doing a bit more practice on my heads with some small piecesof glass apprx 120x90mm.The top and bottom are a red flashed glass with blasting,painting and silver-stain. The middle one a piece of reclaimed glass from an old fanlight which had been siver stained originally.I sandblasted and painted it and expected it to metal when i fired it at the higher temperature needed for the black but it didnt thankfully. Normally you fire the black first and then the silver stain at a lower temperature.The silver stain can go a milky colour if its fired too high. Based on Harry Clarkes doe-eyed heads.You can see more at Lustrousglass.com

1 comment:

  1. Well Shane, I think your heads are excellent!
    Until I came upon your blog I had no idea of the complex process involved in your kind of art! Your work is very cool!

    ReplyDelete